Friday, August 17, 2012

Colors, Colors Everywhere


I am a proud owner of a pretty decent number of nail polishes. However, I am also guilty of not using some of them that much and just throwing them away when they get old. I always felt sort of bad about that, but I have realized that I shouldn't be so wasteful with my nail polish. So, here are a few tips:
  1. If you are tired of a particular color, switch with your friends. Rotate your colors around. I'd love it if my friends did this. You get to try a new color, and the bottle is much more likely to get used up. Heck, have a nail polish party!
  2. Get creative. Use you old nail polish to decorate something like a card or picture frame. 
  3. Use little dots to color code household items.
  4. Use old clear coat on the bottom of metal shaving cream bottles in your shower to prevent them from rusting.
  5. I am not 100% sure about how necessary this last tip is, but I don't think it would hurt if you did it: You can bring your bottles or nail polish and nail polish remover to your local Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility for them to properly dispose of and recycle. Here is a website that will tell you where your local facility is: earth911.com

No comments:

Post a Comment